Sunday, December 31, 2006

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

The New Year is nearly upon us. A time to reflect on the past and look ahead toward the future.

As I sit here on the porch now at Casa Jungla, close to midnight on Saturday night, drinking starting-to-ferment chicheme, or 'chicha' - a traditional Guanacasteco Christmas drink made from maiz, water, ginger and honey (I leave it out at room temperature for a day or so because it begins to naturally ferment adding a bit of a bubbly kick), listening to nothing but crickets, geckos, waves breaking on the beach beyond the woods, some fireworks and the occasional half-awake, bark/grunt of one of the dogs twitching away in a dream, I'm kinda at a loss for words.

I'm a very fortunate person, because I've had the best year of my life. This year was a pretty huge one for me, personally, filled to the brim with challenges and uncertainties, as well as accomplishments and blessings.

I've never been more happy in my life. Challenges turned into accomplishments (mostly) and uncertainties to blessings. It all feels so natural. I have both less and more than I've ever had in my life. I am both happy and content. And I am looking forward to the upcoming challenges and uncertainties that the new year will bring. And there are many looming on the horizon...

...We're expecting a baby this new year. Not taking anything for granted... I can't freakin' wait!!!

¡Feliz Año Nuevo! ¡Paz y amor!

No comments:

Post a Comment