Wednesday, March 21, 2007

¡Calientisimo!

REALLY HOT!!!!! We're still a month away from any sort of rain and the days here have been akin to living in a blast furnace. The wind kicks up dust everywhere. The interior of my pickup has a fine coating on all surfaces (I like to drive with the windows down). The grit is in my teeth now. Even La Casa Jungla is hot. Much of the canopy that provides us shade has fallen, even where we live in the green zone. The mountainsides look like Tucson, AZ. It's hard on the dogs and even Mr. Spock moves slowly come mid-day. I thrive in it.

The ocean is a deep blue. The kind of blue you can only find in nature. Its contrast against the dry mountains is dramatic, both visually and psychologically.


I took the picture(s) above over the weekend while hiking a 75 hectare (185 acre) finca I am selling overlooking Bahia Culebra and The Four Seasons in Papagayo. Horses would have been a better idea. Went through a liter of water in an hour. But this place has God's view! All that wet up against all that dry. And all that sky!

BTW: If you're interested, it can be yours for $5 million ($6.66/m²). It's one of the last of its kind. Please post a comment here with your contact information and I'll send you more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment