Friday, April 9, 2010

Bahia Culebra Bar & Restaurant

Well, the bar & restaurant business is pretty much what I expected... with a few exceptions, however. I expected long hours and lots of running around. I expected problems with staff showing up on time - or at all. But I didn't expect having to deck so many drunks, and was very surprised when I was bitten by my brother-in-law in a fight when he was out-of-his-mind-drunk and high on crack trying to smash my street sign. The cinder block drop on the belly and the family running in to stop me as I grabbed one to drop on his head put an end to it... kinda...

...Upon returning to my restaurant the next day after "bite club", I encountered all of my potted palms trashed, mud slung on the facade, my water line broken, and my glasses in the kitchen shattered. But not by by brother-in-law... IT WAS MY MOTHER-IN-LAW!! Mommies and babies...

It turns out I didn't marry a woman after all - I married a tribe! ¡Pura vida!

1 comment: