Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"The Least Worst is the Best"

Another evening of gagging and vomiting watching Florida campaign ads that point blame, provide no solutions and manipulate records and statistics willy-nilly to make trend-sucking dilettantes look like heroes. At least Costa Rican candidates come right out and say it: "El menos malo es el mas bueno" ("The least worst is the best"). Here's an ad by presidential candidate Luis Fishman that aired in January right before Costa Rica's presidential election, which was won by, Laura Chinchilla.





Here's the song's translation:

I'll vote for Luis
my baby will be born soon
The least worst is the best
that's why i'm voting for him
He's the best.
A realist, w/o illusions, I believe him
that's why in February
I'll give my sincere vote to Luis
I'll support the least worst
with flags and a banquet
I'll celebrate it honking*.
I'll follow him.
I'll vote for him.
He's the besssssssssssst!

“The least worst is the best. Fishman.”

[*In Costa Rica, soccer and election victories are celebrated with incessant car honking.]

I mean, if you're going to waste a sh*tload of money on political ads that say nothing, they should at least be entertaining.

¡Pura vida!

1 comment:

  1. Here's another Fishman ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQL5DrV8ifY.

    ReplyDelete