Monday, August 8, 2011

Frutales II

In early October of last year I blogged about my fruit trees in "Frutales". I was just re-reading that post and looking at the pics I took that day. I was blown way by how much my little trees have grown in 10 months.

I posted this video the other day on my Facebook page and was kind of surprised by some of the comments I received. I guess I take gardening for granted. Because I found out that there are a lot of people who try hard at it, yet don't get the results I do. I guess I have the green thumb. I'm flattered - and fortunate.


I get a great deal of satisfaction out of gardening. There's just something about nurturing a living thing and getting something back from it in return that's extremely gratifying, validating. And I love being out in nature, getting dirty and sweaty, getting blisters and cuts, callusing my hands in the company of the bugs, birds, monkeys and other plants and animals (i.e. my 4-year old daughter). I love the smell of soil, the "zing" of the machete and even the sting of ants. It's real, palpable. I feel alive.

And in case you didn't notice, it's amazing how fast things grow here!

¡Pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment